Tempting as it is to think that everyone is practicing good oral health, the reality is that the oral health of many Australians is not where it should be.
• Less than 50% of Australians adults have had a dental check-up in the last 12 months.
• 53% of Australians brush their teeth only once-a-day.
• Nearly 40% never floss or clean between their teeth.
• 73% of young people (14-18 years) are consuming too much sugar.
• 47% of adults (18+ years) are consuming too much sugar.
More statistics on the oral health of Australian children and adults can be found in Australia’s Oral Health Tracker.
For more information, click here: ADA_OHP_Factsheet_hidden_sugar_4MAY2020