Edmonton Family Medical Centre will remain OPEN for all patient’s throughout the duration of the lockdown (unless you have been to one of the identified hotspots and/or have been in contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19).
Our clinic will be implementing extra precautions during this lockdown to ensure the safety of our staff and community. These are as follows:
- As per QLD Government instructions, masks are to be worn by all patients while inside and outside of the clinic – patients are to bring their own masks.
- Telehealth appointments will be the preferred appointment type, if reasonable. However, face-to-face appointments are still an option if required.
- A concierge (nurse/reception) will be at the front door taking temperature checks and checking symptoms to regulate whether patients will be allowed to wait inside the clinic or be required to wait in their car / on the seats outside the clinic.
- Patient’s with cold and flu like symptoms are NOT to enter the clinic without the treating GP’s consent as the GP may prefer to do a car consult with a mask / face shield if required.
- Only the patient and their carer (if applicable) will be allowed into the clinic and into consultation rooms. Extra family members will be asked to wait outside / in their car (Exceptions will be made for small children who cannot be left unattended).
- COVID-19 vaccination clinics will continue – with closer monitoring of social distancing.
It is vital that Queenslanders follow the lockdown procedure for the next three days to ensure we can suppress any spread of this variant.
Click here for more information on the Cairns & Yarrabah lockdown or if you have any questions about your upcoming appointment, please call the clinic on 4055 4556.